[TowerTalk] FOLLOW UP & SOLUTION ..RE Quiet 27" monitors ?????/

Jack Brindle jackbrindle at me.com
Wed Feb 23 12:16:03 EST 2022

Samsung monitors have another problem that you need to watch for. They are RF-susceptible. They like to use touch-sense switched for the monitor controls. You cannot believe how aggravating it is to be in the midst of a contest QSO when the monitor shuts itself off while you are transmitting. This was so bad I threw the monitors out and replaced them with LG 4K monitors, which do not have the problem and are also very quiet.

Note that this is not a grounding/bonding issue. If there is RF in the area (I saw it with as little as 75 watts going to the antenna), it will react to it. Strapping the monitors to the bonding plate did nothing. I liked the monitors, but they are unusable in my ham shack.

I am now much happier with the LG monitors, and really love the extra real-estate the 4K resolution gives me.

73,
Jack, W6FB