[TowerTalk] Topband: Radials on ground v FCP

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 00:10:35 EST 2022

"On4un writes that many stations find elevated radials to be a few db
below ground radials. I believe this is ground dependent. Later I loaded
  100ft tower with 32 radials while still having the first antenna. I
expected about 2 db difference but it was 8 db. As determined by RBN."

I'm no expert, but, "ground affect", which I hear adds ~6dB by default?

I know the EME (Earth-Moon-Earth) boys take advantage of it, and I
notice it visually with light.

Kurt