[TowerTalk] Six meter balun

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Jul 3 09:17:39 EDT 2022

On 2022-07-03 6:43 AM, Dave Sublette wrote:
 > The antenna is working now.  I'm suspecting the relay position on the
 > remote switch.  As soon as it stops raining, I will check it out.

The RCS-10 is a poor design at higher frequencies ... it has one relay
feeding two relays that feed four relays to select among eight antenna
positions.  That means three relay contacts in series for any antenna.
Not only is it three times the places for trouble, it is three times
the inductance and a much longer non-50 Ohm "path".

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV