[TowerTalk] Tashjain Towers LM470 Remote tower raising control

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 20:08:56 EDT 2022

Rick, I installed an  HDX56 a few years back.  The client  also purchesd the Remote  RMC1000  . He had a BIG deck and the tower sat at the far right corner ( read deck built over the foundation on one side .His shack had a big picture window with FULL sight of the tower both nested and fully extended .    Fast forward two yeas and a frantic phone call
Wayne the towers bent and  I am afraid it’s going to fall into the Pool .  I rushed over the next morning   YIKES   yes the top section was  off center 20 deg. The C-31 was almost moon bounce  How could this  happen. Seems he wanted to be able to raise and lowere the tower and transferd the  from his Radio room to his basement work shop.. WHY  ?????       wanted access  if he needed a new one on packet and was in the workshop. Loooooog story after a few attempts the bow and arrow made it through the lattis and two  pulls of increasing size  rope ( 5/8 ) a pully and  eye bolt was attached to a 80 ft oak tree  200 ft
A chain comealong   we were able to  releave enough tension   for the motor to lowere the tower. Dammage  broken limit switch and tore out stop block on one leg.

Needless to say  the remote is now on his shack desk     it could have been  MUCH worse
 Wayne ,W3EA