[TowerTalk] Taper conversions ...

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:29:41 EDT 2022

Joe-
The best tool I have found is AutoEZ by AC6LA.
Playing around with taper schedule in it is so easy it's ridiculous.
It's well worth the small price he asks for it.
For a 6 meter beam I don't think you are going to need to be very
concerned with wind survival, as long as you use common sense and don't
try to build an element with, say, 1/2" tubing as your largest diameter
section.
The only caveat I can offer is that NEC 2 engine will not give 100% precise
prediction
for the final length of DE, it will usually need to be tuned to length in
the field.

Tom
K0SN