[TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:01:42 EDT 2022

I have just bought a small Cushcraft 3-element 6-meter yagi.  Only small
fly in the ointment is that it is *only* rated at 1 KW.  It looks to me
that this limitation might relate to the feedline connection, which is a
bulkhead SO-239 (mounted with a big nut) bracketed to the center of the
driven element.

My question is, do I need another connector here, or maybe insulation
between the bracket and the element?  If so, what material makes sense?
Any other advice?

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.