[TowerTalk] Increasing power capability of 6-meter yagi

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:47:03 EDT 2022

Cushcraft has been making antennas for a very long time.  I wonder if
the design of that model simply dates back to when hams were only
allowed 1 KW.  Maybe nobody bothered to update the rating.  The only
other reason I can think of for why a standard yagi wouldn't be able to
handle more power is if it had a gamma match with a smallish capacitor.
Almost any other feed system should handle more than a KW unless the
connections other than the SO-239 (straps, screws, etc) are really flimsy.

Dave   AB7E