[TowerTalk] Modifications to TIC Ring

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Tue Mar 8 17:57:15 EST 2022

I ordered a TIC Ring. Initially it came uneven and Carl sent a replacement.
This one is even but slightly oval and not exactly level.  So when the ring
rotates, it is very tight fit at some angles and very loose at other
angles. Also the rotator control gear engages at the top for some angles
and at the bottom at other angles.  I can make the ring rotate 360 degrees
by tightening the side supports but then there is some grinding.

When I set it up for practice at a low level, the fit was better then
reassembled on top.

Perhaps I can ask Carl to send another replacement but I am wondering if
anyone knows tricks to make the current ring working well enough.

If two sides of the ring are at a slight angle, perhaps it is enough to
reposition the top screws of the ring.

If the ring is slightly oval (1/6 of an inch), can it be forced to be more
round with a hammer or a large clamp?

Just fishing for ideas.... I cannot afford to spent weeks on the rotor.

Ignacy NO9E