[TowerTalk] Johnson Matchbox Question

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Mar 13 15:43:11 EDT 2022

On 2022-03-13 3:24 PM, Mickey Baker wrote:
> The KW Matchbox that I have is a simple device with a single inductor
> with 8 taps that all connect back to a 2 gang band switch.
Those taps/2 gang band switch would be on the secondary coil.

Manual and schematic for the Johnson Matchbox is here:

<https://bama.edebris.com/download/johnson/matchbox/matchbox.pdf>

Unfortunately, the schematic does not give tapping info for the
primary/link coil but if the ratio of tap point to size of the
coil shown is reasonably accurate 1.25 of 5 turns looks about
right.  It's likely/common that the T/R relay has been removed
(and along with it the receiver antenna feed/muting contacts).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV