[TowerTalk] separation between 40m rotary dipole and 3 element beam

Chuck Dietz w5prchuck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:16:12 EDT 2022

I don’t see how putting antennas on the opposite side of the mast does
anything. They are still connected to the same mast and exerting forces in
the same direction according to the wind resistance on either side of the
mast. Visualize mounting the beam on a mast at 5 feet above ground. If you
push on one end of the beam, it exerts the same force on the mast and in
the same direction no matter which side of the mast it is mounted on.
I used to believe this until I thought it through.

Chuck W5PR