[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 231, Issue 13

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:48:41 EDT 2022

I'm really surprised to keep seeing that comment these days, when
everyone should by now know that antennas are more or less reciprocal
for transmit and receive.  The average ham on the other end is most
likely running similar rigs and similar power to your 150 watts, and
that means that signals should be roughly the same either way no matter
how good or how bad your antenna is.  If you're using a good antenna
that hears well you are almost certainly putting out a decent signal
with it.  If you're using a poor antenna that doesn't transmit well, it
just means you aren't hearing a lot of stations you'd be able to work if
you had a better antenna.

This stuff is pretty basic ....

73,
Dave   AB7E