[TowerTalk] Fwd: K8 Bearing available

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 21 18:15:50 EDT 2022

Having obtained some from aircaft control cable pulleys marked "Boeing"
the ORIGINAL use was just that.  One crank up tower maker actually had
pulleys marked Boeing with these bearings rusted solid that I replaced.
  With the wider inner race the pulley flanges and cables don't rub on
the mounts.

Note the 1998 date on the ebay box.  Fafnir doesn't make these any more
AFAIK.  In 1989, I asked them to make an out of production bearing about
this size they said, "We can do it since we have the prints. $50,000 for
set up and 1000 bearings".  I found away to substitute.

Best to soak these in oil for a while, since the grease is now 34 years old.

Grant KZ1W