[TowerTalk] K8 Bearing available

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 21 20:15:00 EDT 2022

Fafnir, Timken, Torrington all carry the bearings for our tower sheaves.
The part number is the same.   I replaced all the aluminum sheave bearings in three
US Tower HDX  towers.   My HDX589 was done last year.
The part number is KP8FS464.  I called US Tower to confirm.
I found them from RBC Bearings off EBAY also.   Check on EBAY, they come up all the time.  Just make sure you use the right part number.  !
Easy to change, press out the old bearing with your bench vise and press in the new one.  Easy Peasy.
In my opinion, its not worth it to try and rejuvenate them.  Just replace them and be happy.

Bob
K6UJ

>>> N6VR/W7YA