[TowerTalk] Rohn 65G Accessories

Gary Johnson gwj at me.com
Thu Mar 24 12:47:52 EDT 2022

Grant saved the day for me on a 65G project. His DXF file for the rotator shelf worked fine at the waterjet shop. I used 3 in. angle and U bolts to fix it to the legs. For a top plate to hold a bearing, I ordered a Rohn KC970 plate ($75), which they sell as a camera mount. That has no center hole, so I bored one. It’s 3/16 thick but the bearing is just for radial load under normal circumstances. I also added a lifting eye under that plate which was really handy for hoisting the mast up thru the tower, or when replacing the rotator.

Gary NA6O
gwj at me.com