[TowerTalk] coax and leaks

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon May 2 12:12:39 EDT 2022

"poor coax is like carrying water in a sieve"

Braid coverage matters.  Commercially double braid or hardline (solid Cu
shield) is used for jumpers.  For hams, the RG8 size "foil plus braid"
is the economical choice if from a reputable brand/supplier.  DXEng also
sells double braid TFE mini coax jumpers which, while expensive, are
very handy for rig to amp to filter jumpers.  Or buy the bulk RG400
(stranded center) or RG142 (solid center) TFE silver plated double braid
and make your own.

Grant KZ1W