[TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

dave arruzza w1ctn at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 18:39:08 EDT 2022

 To all...
I have a new QTH and the towers for the monoband yagis will be 500-600 feet away from the shack.
I remember reading about utilizing 2 transformers and open wire line to minimize loss.
One transformer at the tower base to transform the yagi coax to open wire.
A run of open wire line to another transformer at the shack end.
Then coax to the shack.
I know that I can buy hardline to accomplish this but that becomes costly.
73 Dave W1CTN / 4