[TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

Ken Boasi n2zn at rochester.rr.com
Mon May 16 19:25:51 EDT 2022

Dave,

If you Google “N4UH open wire”, one of the first results will be a scan of Ham Radio magazine from the late 70’s/early 80’s that has an article that N4UH wrote about using 200 ohm, 4 conductor open wire line for doing exactly what you describe.

I have no idea how well it works or how big of a pain it is to deal with, but seems like an interesting concept, especially if you have the time to play around (or have access to a few thousand feet of wire at a good price).

73, Ken N2ZN