[TowerTalk] Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

Shawn Donley n3ae at comcast.net
Tue May 17 18:07:04 EDT 2022

Anyone remember Frank Lucas, W3CRA, the famous DX'er in the 1950's & 1960's?  Frank used OWL to feed his 20M monobander.  Saw it with my own eyes as a youngster who just got his license. I don't recall how he went from the OWL to the Yagi's feedpoint.  He even had NE-2 bulbs on some of the OWL spreaders and at night could "see" any standing wave on the line.   Just sayin'

Not sure of the proposed distance between the towers, but I'm thinking today's solution is RemoteRig connected to the shack by fiber and coax from the RF deck to the tower(s).

N3AE