[TowerTalk] Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed May 18 14:11:31 EDT 2022

I think it is not difficult to have *NO* wires or coax runs for multiple
towers to transceiver using the Green Heron Everywhere (GHE) system and
  "ether" ethernet and remote amplifiers.

GHE can be set up to wifi switch antennas, stacks, move rotators, and
continuous tune and switch segmented tuned antennas.  My station does
all of these via wifi receivers although they are connected from the
single amp to the 3 towers with control wires and coax.

If lightning is a big concern this is the ultimate fix, all wireless.
WWA is the lowest strike are in the US so while I'm well protected, it's
not top of list for my QTH.

Most amplifiers now remote easily over ethernet/internet and that
removes the long coax.  Ubiquiti for instance for links.

I think there other system choices than GHE.

Grant KZ1W
Redmond, WA