[TowerTalk] More friction needed

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:14:32 EST 2022

Personally, I think the idea of using multiple U-bolts is the best way
to go.  As Rick says, the K7NV design doesn't really offer much
additional surface area if the mast isn't perfect.  I welded a piece of
channel iron perpendicular to a plate and drilled holes for eight
U-bolts in the channel iron.  It holds great in spite of twister winds
that reach 80 - 100 mph here in the spring and when they hit the tower
head on the torque from the twister combines.

I stole the design from a commercially available unit, but I can't find
the source for it anymore.

73,
Dave   AB7E