[TowerTalk] Sources for SS Hardware ??

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Nov 10 14:09:14 EST 2022

On 11/10/2022 10:52 AM, Gary wrote:
> I do not know their sources, but have had nothing but great service.

Counterfeit products and parts have been rampant for at least 20 years.
I serve on the Standards Committee of the Audio Engineering Society,
along with engineers who work for major manufacturers. Back then, US and
EU mfrs of top quality mics and connectors were reporting serious
problems with counterfeits of some of their mainstream products. Mics
didn't sound the same, connectors were enough out of mechanical
tolerance that they didn't mate properly, and there were dissimilar
metal issues.

Also in that time frame, I was seeing reports from aircraft mfrs that
structural fasteners were counterfeit, like rated parts that were not.
Can have serious consequences in an aircraft or on one of our towers!

73, Jim K9YC