[TowerTalk] Radial Ends Buried???

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:15:59 EST 2022

I expect I'm an outlier, in a couple of respects.  I have 30 x 70-foot
radials on the ground under my 160M inverted L.  I'm sure this will
bother people, but I made up the radials from a spool of about a mile of
AWG 20, silver(!)- plated copper wire (military surplus) that I got at
Dayton years ago.  I haven't yet entirely finished the deployment (it's
been too darned cold here) but I'm wondering about the impact of using
such small-gauge wire for this purpose, even with the silver.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.