[TowerTalk] stretched EHS

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Oct 13 09:57:48 EDT 2022

Grant,

Thanks for thinking about this, really appreciate it.

We did not notice a *bend* in the wire while it was loose - however, our
main concern was getting all the guys back in service and getting the
tower straight again before anything Really Bad were to happen. I'm
looking at my photos which I shot from the anchor looking along the
wire, and don't see anything.

I'm confident that there was no grip slippage or thimble collapse at
ground level. Did not get a look at the tower end of the wire. The guys
have no midspan connections.

Understand about the un-twist phenomenon, which I think is why guys
loosen up after construction and need to be re-tensioned at least once
or twice later on.

I'm thinking I'll recommend the guy replacement and after some period of
time a P&T. All the guy wires seem a little loose - all we did was match
the existing by feel (which I'm pretty good at after all the years).

Thanks again.

-Steve K8LX