[TowerTalk] Uneven Ground

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Oct 13 16:25:46 EDT 2022

On 10/13/2022 11:14 AM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
> Why do you think they should  be any different? The angles should be the same regardless of the length

YES! I have exactly that situation with my 120 ft of Rohn 25 with ground
that slopes +/- 15 ft. It's in a dense redwood forest, and each of the
12 guys (at 30, 60, 90, 120 ft) is lagged to the base of a different
200+ ft tall redwood.

One caution about lagging hardware -- over a period of 14 years, the
very large lags I found from a supplier that caters to the arborists who
maintain and climb these giant trees were not sufficient to the task,
and two have broken off and had to be replaced.

73, Jim K9YC