[TowerTalk] High-Tension Wires

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:16:56 EDT 2022

Hi Paul - I have the same situation, except that the HV lines are a
little closer to my antennas.  In 5 years, I have had lots of line noise
problems, but all of them have involved the lower-voltage distribution
lines on the top of every power pole, which feed the transformers that
deliver our 220V.  After a lot of good work by the local power company,
my neighborhood is now quite quiet.

The way this was explained to me is that the power company is very
sensitive about anything wrong with the HV lines, because it costs them
substantial money.  Whatever, the results suggest that you needn't be
concerned.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite