[TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 17 19:39:49 EDT 2022

A number of big guns have towers with selectable directional guys and
there are different antenna configurations - dipole, loaded dipole,
counter fed towers, 1/4wl slopers, ..

For towers with HF yagis, one risk is the guy antenna resonances
disturbing the yagi pattern.  Plus determining and modifying the tower
resonance with the top loading.

K3LR and W3LPL have made presentations at Dayton, mostly about top band
antennas, but the idea scales.  See also ON4UN and the ARRL antenna book
for examples.  Check the K3LR.com/dayton talks also.

Greg Ordy W8WWV has much to say about inverted V's hung on towers, but
non-conductive guys are very desirable.
http://seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%20Radio/

Grant KZ1W