[TowerTalk] Need some actual Inv V lengths using 14ga THHN

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:05:48 EDT 2022

There is indeed a "return path" for a single wire.  The wire
capacitively couples back upon itself, and the dielectric affects that
capacitance.  That may sound strange, but think of a capacitive hat
itself is just a different geometry and therefore has less effect, but
it's the same principle.

EZNEC+ is based upon NEC2 and simply allows more wire segments than some
other versions.  I can't say whether or not NEC2 handles dielectrics, or
whether W7EL added a calculation on his own, but if you define a
dielectric in EZNEC+ it will result in a shorter wire for the same
effect as a bare wire.  That at least fits the physics of the situation.

Dave  AB7E