[TowerTalk] Portable soldering iron

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Thu Sep 29 11:16:29 EDT 2022

Don't overthink it.

I recently did a project that involved some soldering of connectors for process instruments around a pyrolysis plant.  Using a plug in soldering iron or gun would have involved carrying around hundred foot long extension cords with no guarantee you'd find an outlet within that distance, whereas I wanted to just shove a few tools in my pocket and walk from place to place unencumbered.

I ended up buying a battery powered, USB charged unit from Lowe's. It is red, so probably Black and Decker. It was like $35 and it works fine. I can solder the center pin on crimp UHF connectors outside, so it works for me.

Al
AB2ZY