[TowerTalk] Portable soldering iron

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Thu Sep 29 18:04:59 EDT 2022

My 2-cents worth...hi..hi:

I've used the propane torch soldering tip attachment.  They are quite
large
for small, "tight" spaces like on a 'Jones connector.  Even worse is the
flame/heat that shoots out from the side holes that are just past the tip
of the torch.
Those can scorch the cable/wire insulation you are trying to solder.
(That propane flame has to go somewhere.)  The good thing about the
soldering
tip is that it's large enough to hold a good soldering temp after the
flame
is turned off, at least for a few connections.

Thanks to the other listers who have suggested other soldering
tools...I'll
check those out.

73,
Charlie, N0TT