[TowerTalk] Source for Beverage Antenna Terminating Resistors

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sun Apr 16 14:54:09 EDT 2023

On 4/16/23 11:47 AM, RVZ via TowerTalk wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has found a beefy 400 to 500 ohm Beverage resistor that can handle some nearby lighting strikes?  Or at least one that can hold up a good deal better than the average.  Even the 470 ohm 2-watt Beverage Resistors I purchase from DXE are blowing up like popcorn here at my Florida QTH.
> Thank You & 73, Dick- K9OM

For non-inductive loads, I use Caddock resistors in a TO-220 package (so
you can heatsink mount them).

If you want something serious (e.g. for your transmitting rhombic) - the
big tubular ones from what used to be Carborundum Corp (now Sandvik,
Kanthal Globar, formerly Cesiwid)

SP series or AS series.