[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 244, Issue 14

wb2aio at yahoo.com wb2aio at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 22:05:56 EDT 2023

********************************
Message: 2
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 20:23:26 -0700
From: Wilson Lamb <infomet at embarqmail.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV Repair

I have one that's behaving strangely.
Sometimes it will turn one way, sometimes both.  Sometimes completely normally.
Sometimes it slows/sticks if I go beyond East, turning clockwise.
I can't find anything wrong electrically, so am thinking the bearings are going.

Is there anyone servicing these besides Norm?
Have others seen these symptoms?
Any relevant advice appreciated,
Wilson
W4BOH
I have two thoughts. 1. Could it be that the indicator isn't working properly?  2. Can you observe while turning and perhaps see some indication of binding occuring?Kathy