[TowerTalk] PL-259 Electrical Joint Compound

gwj at me.com gwj at me.com
Mon Dec 4 13:04:54 EST 2023

All the military systems I worked on required an application of Dow Corning 4 dielectric grease to connectors. That was placed on threads, male and female contacts, and environmental sealing components. Only a very thin film is applied. Every RF connector I install today has it in the threads and on the contacts. Its hydrophobic properties are primary here in preventing long-term corrosion due to unavoidable trace condensation.

-Gary NA6O