[TowerTalk] Prosearch Rotor Controller Info Needed

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Dec 18 17:44:05 EST 2023

Did you search the towertalk archives? There are a number of Pro-Search
posts there and they indicate it is a Hy-Gain controller. I don't see how it
can work on a Alpha-Spid.  This was manufactured four plus decades ago.
There are much better rotator controller products now that will work with
the Alpha-Spid.

The following was Pro-Search's company information:
Mosley claims ownership of Pro Search
St. Louis, 314-994-7872 tech support

John KK9A

Steve Harrison k0xp wrote:

I just acquired a Prosearch controller, SN PSE1N2351, along with the
transformer. But I have absolutely no info about what it is compatible
with, how to hook it up, how to use it, etc. etc.. It looks very much
like this one, which details you cannot really make out, as there's no
light:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FeSsYUEl978&ab_channel=Off-GridG
arage
And as a matter of fact, I'm hoping to use it with an Alfa-Spid RAK-1
rotator which I already have to turn my old, venerable Wilson 77-foot
STB-77, which I hope to equip with 5L 20m and 15m yagis, much like that
guy with the youtube video is doing.

Where can I find info on this box, please?

TNX,

Steve, K0XP