[TowerTalk] More Radials = Higher SWR???

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 6 14:19:16 EST 2023

The increasing swr with a 50ohm feed is good news.  Rg is being lowered
and efficiency is going up.  Most ham references say 32 radials are the
point of diminishing returns.  Then an UNUN plus a good choke are the
easiest, most WX resistant, and lowest loss way to feed the antenna,
somewhere between 12 and 20 ohms most likely.  Check with Balun Designs
for what they can make or stock once your feedpoint impedance approaches
your limit of radial effort or space or $.

Grant KZ1W