[TowerTalk] Coax Life Expectancy

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 06:00:45 EST 2023

What Jeff said was exactly correct.  Maybe a better analogy could be used especially since you could have a lemon in any brand of vehicle and prefer one brand over the other.

 The POINT Jeff  was making is that if you have information that indicates that a particular coax will crack due to UV there is zero value to anyone in reporting that and not saying what coax and who made it.    Now a lot of people including me wonder whether the new coax they bought and are ready to put up a tower is the same as the one that this guy found to be defective and is keeping secret what coax it was.  Unlike a vehicle it is unlikely that when someone is using a couple hundred feet of coax out of tens of thousands of feet of coax produced by some manufacturer that his 200 feet would fail due to UV in short order while the rest was good.  It’s more likely to be all good or all bad unlike all the cars made versus one out of the lot.

73…Stan, K5GO