[TowerTalk] Force 12 C31XR Modeling

w5wz at w5wz.com w5wz at w5wz.com
Wed Feb 22 12:37:15 EST 2023

David,

I can't help you with the modeling; however, I can give you some insight
on converting the F12 C-31XR/C-51XR from single to per-band feedlines.

I have a 3-high stack of C-31XR, each band with its own feed line.  When
I got the antennas, they were all single feed line.  I assembled and
checked out that way first, then did the conversion to multiple feed
lines.

The conversion from single feed line to per-band included:
1. A driven element must be repositioned to the other factory-installed
element-to-boom bracket.  I think it is the 15m DE.
2. The tips of the same DE must be changed - I can't remember now if
they are shortened or lengthened - it is whatever the manual indicated.
3. Lose the ROMEX to the same DE, replace with a CAL-AV Labs bead balun.
4. Either make and install or modify the coil hairpin across the same DE
feedpoint.  Again, no recall, but the manual led me down the correct
path.

--Scott, W5WZ