[TowerTalk] Antenna Traps?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 1 14:24:12 EST 2023

On 1/1/2023 10:25 AM, Richard Zalewski wrote:
> Joe,
> I used traps from Hy-Power for years in my 80/160 dipole and inverted V.
> They held up really well.
> https://www.hypowerantenna.com/

They are NOT traps, they are loading coils. I've used them, measured
them, and modeled them. They are well built, and the designs are good.
I've run them under contest conditions at legal limit. The current owner
is not the original owner. I did biz with the original owner and found
him very good to deal with.

I've only used designs with a single pair of loading coils, first for
80/40, later for 160/80. SWR bandwidth is good on the higher band, very
narrow on the lower band. I would expect designs using more than one
pair of coils to be pretty narrow band on the lower bands.

I do NOT recommend their "baluns."

73, Jim K9YC