[TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 02:13:46 EST 2023

If you have access to a 3D printer, or access to somebody who has a 3D
printer, here is an easy way to make your own air wound coils like the
old Air-Dux coils.  The video is pretty clumsy, but you should be able
to get the general idea.  I recommend clicking on the gear at the lower
right of the video and setting the playback speed to 2x.  I'm pretty
slow if I have to think and talk at the same time.  ;)

https://youtu.be/qAgF9Mzr8XM

There is a link for the OpenSCAD (free and easy to use open source
modeling software) files in the YouTube description, but here it is as well:

https://www.printables.com/model/371698-air-wound-coil-form

The coil would have looked better if I had let the superglue cure on its
own.  Running water over it to speed up the cure made it sort of bubble
up and trashed the appearance.

73,
Dave  AB7E