[TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:31:04 EST 2023

This should definitely be feasible.  My example was really basic ...
just a cylindrical hole with a rectangular slot on top of it that only
infringes on about 40% of the cylindrical hole.  The remaining 10%
provided the "snap".  A better approach to avoid glue would be a tighter
fit with a ramped entry.  If the grips were freestanding and not slots
that should work well.  Maybe I'll play with it and update the files.

And although I used four bars, I think two might be sufficient based
upon the coils I've built with #14 wire.

73,
Dave   AB7E