[TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 18 23:42:52 EST 2023

If a 3D printed bar material is RF & weather ok, then even FDM could
taper the slot a bit or add a small entry bulge to capture the wire.
The resin printers would even be better since a homogeneous solid part
can be made and they are happier printing overhangs. I agree, likely one
model for each wire gauge. A smart CNC programmer could parameterize
everything to automate the STL file generation - wire gauge, & bar slot
pitch, taper, w, l, h.

The commercial CNCsomething open feed line spreaders work the way you
want but only for 14ga THHN wire IIRC.

Grant KZ1W