[TowerTalk] Tower mounted capture device

Rick Harrington N0VT N0VT at outlook.com
Tue Jan 31 11:21:35 EST 2023

I would like to have the sensing unit of my home weather station near
the top of my tower (80').  But instead of a fixed installation, I'd
like to be able to raise/lower it via rope & pulley for battery changes,
cleaning etc.  There would have to be a way at the top of the tower to
dock it into the same north/south orientation each time.  (I'm thinking
of some sort of small hazer-like contraption.)

Has anyone ever done this, or seen info on doing it?

73,

Rick N0VT