[TowerTalk] U-Bolt Sources

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Fri Jun 2 23:50:22 EDT 2023

What is the obsession with stainless steel?   Use it once and it galls.
Even with anti seize compound.

I have used hot dipped galvanized for 20 years with NO issues.  I think
the A36 grade of steel (assumption) is a bit stronger than many of the
SS u-bolts I've found.  At least, they remove as easily as they went
on.  I the idea behind stainless steel is great, but I think it's been
over sold.

Just my opinion.

73 de Steve, NR4M

On 6/2/2023 11:34 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote