[TowerTalk] 6-meter Cushcraft beam and RigExpert AA-55 zoom

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:03:29 EDT 2023

I am refurbishing on old Cushcraft 6M beam, which uses a gamma match
with plastic tubing of some sort as the dielectric in the matching
capacitor.  I am getting some quite anomalous readings with my AA-55,
with the antenna about 6 feet above ground.  I know that such results
may be quantitatively off, but wonder if the meter should be otherwise
reliable.  Is the AA-55 to be trusted at 50 MHz?

--
73, Pete N4ZR