[TowerTalk] bounces?

K8ZM k8zm at oh.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 13:58:52 EDT 2023

FWIW.....Just 2 weeks ago I stopped getting almost all my email from both
lists.contesting.com, groups.io and others.  ARRL was doing server
service/improvements but was back up in short time.  Spectrum (Charter) is
my email client, I forward all "forum" posts through arrl.net.  ARRL had a
block on Charter due to a high number of bounces.  They removed the block,
still no email.  I had to call Spectrum and after two days of talking to
tech support they advised Charter servers recently underwent major changes
to improve SPAM protection, in fact they are now limiting and placing blocks
depending on the frequency and volume of emails received, in essence they
are being recognized as "SPAM".  I went back into groups.io and looked at
the high number of bounces, in every case (close to a hundred in total), all
were blocked by Charter servers.  Spectrum will do nothing, they say limit
the volume and frequency or change to another email client, which is
ridiculous.  Groups.io shows a very high number of delivery attempts, all
due to "Charter server un available".   What constitutes a "delivery
attempt" vs a "bounce" ??

Brad, K8ZM