[TowerTalk] EHS cable and torque bars

Mike H mph at sportscliche.com
Mon Jun 12 16:44:12 EDT 2023

At the suggestion of WV4P, I spoke with a Rohn engineer about the
incompatibility of their TB45B torque bars and 1/4 in EHS cable. See here:

https://www.3starinc.com/manuals/ROHN_Torque_Bar.pdf

All Rohn 45G tower designs require 1/4 in EHS on at least one of the
guys. My 50 ft install uses a single 1/4 in EHS guy, presumably
precluding the use of torque bars.  He was not certain, but suspected
the issue was simply that the shackle required for 1/4 in EHS would not
clear the hole in the bar. I also have this guy bracket:

https://static.dxengineering.com/global/images/chartsguides/r/roh-ga45gd.pdf

except that mine has $1000+ worth (!) of torque bars in place of the
ringfills and eyelets. I asked about ordering those to replace the
torque bars and he said it would be cheaper to just buy the entire
bracket assembly. He also said to investigate getting substitute eyelet
hardware from another vendor.

I'm open to suggestions.

Mike WB2FKO