[TowerTalk] Needed: M2 Aluminum Tubing

Tom Hellem tom.hellem at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 21:24:14 EDT 2023

An alternate solution-
Every time I have seen or worked with swedged tubing on a beam, the swedged  portion has reduced the diameter by 2 sizes, for example 1” down to 3/4” o.d.
You can accomplish the same result by using a short sleeve of the intermediate sized tubing at the joint, in the above example, 7/8” o.d. (Assuming all the tubing sections are .058 wall).  I am just guessing here, but this could save you some $ based upon  price quotes I have seen from M2.

Tom K0SN