[TowerTalk] Needed: M2 Aluminum Tubing

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Sun Jun 18 16:55:02 EDT 2023

"You can accomplish the same result by using a short sleeve of the
intermediate sized tubing at the joint,..."

I agree with Tom on that.  I ordered several 40m verticals from
Invonantennas (sp),
a company that was located in GB.  All the swags were very short which
allowed the smaller tubing in the joint to wiggle around when the wind
blew.
The wiggle was so bad that the inner tubing actually wiggled its way out
and
almost fell to the ground!!

Swags are okay when they are done properly....I would swag at 3X the size
of the tubing, e.g., 2" OD tubing should be swagged 6".  (Just my
opinion.)

Anyway, my solution was to cut off the short swags and use smaller tubing

to step down the size.

Charlie, N0TT