[TowerTalk] DL6RAI SK

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:42:30 EDT 2023

What’s that thingy called that sticks up above the 55G “mast” that has the rotating antenna attachment gizmo (previously thought to be properly called a boom to mast plate)?  Is it a tower, since it is freestanding, or what are we supposed to be calling that 2 or 3 inch diameter round piece that is freestanding above the “mast”?  Should we call it a pole?

I am saddened that I told someone recently that over the last 50 years I have put up about 20 towers.  Turns out I’ve never put up a single tower.

I guess someone should take the entire archive of Towertalk and swap the word mast with tower and tower with mast in every post.  Sorting out who meant what over the last decade or two should keep us busy for another 20 years.

Stan, K5GO