[TowerTalk] Words.

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:20:51 EDT 2023

Frankly, I don't think there's any need - the author of the Wikipedia
article clearly was European (probably British) and apparently their
usage and ours are different.  I have added a note to the Wikipedia
article to clarify this.  I don't know whether these appear immediately,
but I'm seeing it now.

This is what I added:"(NB: the terminology used in the United States is
opposite that used in Europe - in the US, structures called masts are
typically relatively small, un-guyed structures, while larger
structures, guyed or un-guyed, are referred to as towers. The US Federal
Communications Commission, for example, uses "tower" to describe such
structures as radio and television transmission towers, whether guyed or
un-guyed."

73, Pete N4ZR