[TowerTalk] Condensation Inside Tower Cable Box

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Oct 16 18:57:04 EDT 2023

On 10/16/2023 3:46 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I have a number of Hoffman enclosures outdoors, the cables come through the
> bottoms and I made no effort to seal them.

I've done something similar with a big Hoffman box that holds 8
arrestors. Cables enter through suitably sized to provide a pretty tight
fit that keeps most insects out. It's mounted to the wall just below my
operating desk, with two short lengths of 2-in PVC conduit going through
the wall. Inside the shack, they're open. In 4-5 years, I've seen no
evidence of condensation or corrosion.

73, Jim K9YC